Shields Tavern Plaque
This wooden plaque bears the insignia of the Shields Tavern and the year 1745, inspired by the decor of the eponymous historic tavern in Colonial Williamsburg. 5"L x 8"W.
As an 18th-century Colony of the British Empire, Colonial Williamsburg served as a port of call for ships from all corners of the world, and the menu at James Shield's Tavern reflects those global influences. A customer would find molasses, sugar, and rum from the West Indies; wines from Portugal, Spain, and France; coffee from Africa, Asia, and the Caribbean; tea from Asia; lemons and limes from the Caribbean; and spices from all over the world. With gracious service and lively entertainment, Shield's Tavern offers a glimpse into the cosmopolitan nature of the British Colonies.
Wipe with damp cloth