Product DescriptionColonial Virginians could be fined if they did not attend Anglican services regularly. Shaped like a cross, Bruton Parish Church has been in continuous use since 1715. This sterling silver charm is taken from the 1769 church which has the added tower and steeple. The special jumpring allows this charm to be worn on regular or modular charm bracelets.
FeaturesBruton Parish Church Circa 1769
Fits Both Regular and Modular Charm Bracelets
Handmade in USA
Product CareGently wipe with silver polishing cloth.
Formed from Middletown and Marston Parishes in 1674, Bruton Parish was about 10 miles square. It is named for Bruton, Somersetshire, in England, the home of then-Governor William Berkeley and Virginia secretary Thomas Ludwell.
Dating from 1715, the present structure is the third in a series of Anglican houses of worship that began in 1660. The first, which may or may not have been at or near the 18th-century site, was built, probably of wood, in the Old Fields at Middle Plantation, Williamsburg's name until the 66-year-old community was incorporated in 1699.