This small stand allows for the illumination of the Shoemaker building laser-cut replica, with a cutout for 1 battery-operated tea light, sold separately. Made from cabinet grade birch.
- For display of Shoemaker building replica
- Cutout for one tealight
- 1.125"H x 4.125"W x 4.125"D
- Made in USA
- WILLIAMSBURG exclusive!
Today, the shoemaker's shop in Williamsburg represents the firm of George Wilson, who moved to Williamsburg from Norfolk, Virginia in the late 1760s. In Norfolk, Wilson's sister-in-law was the proprietor of the shoe factory of Mary Wilson and Company. In 1773, George Wilson specialized in "Boots and Shoes for Gentlemen," which he boldly advertised in the Virginia Gazette. Boot making was the most sophisticated and prestigious branch of the trade. Following a centuries-old tradition, the making of boots and shoes for men and the making of shoes for women were separate pursuits.