Made from authentic leaves from the famous Compton Oak Tree in the Historic Area of Colonial Williamsburg, this limited edition Colonial Williamsburg Compton Oak Tree Ornament is a one-of-a-kind keepsake to treasure for years to come. The leaves are harvested by Colonial Williamsburg's landscape professionals, bringing no harm to the tree. Each leaf is dried and dipped into a solution to remove the tissue, leaving only the vein structure encased in copper. Artisans then carefully plate the ornament in 24-karat gold or silver.
Don't miss out! Compton leaf ornaments are only available once a year in limited quantities. Get yours now before we sell out. Sold exclusively online and at Golden Ball jewelry store in the Historic Area.
- Collectible Colonial Williamsburg ornament made from real leaves
- Harvested from Colonial Williamsburg's famous Compton Oak Tree
- Numbered and dated limited edition
- 24-karat gold-plated or silver-plated copper
- Includes a story cared with the year and number
- Available in Small (approximately 2.5-3.5"L) or Large (approximately 3.5-4.5"L) sizes
- Every ornament is unique - the ornament you receive will be slightly different from the pictures
- Made in the USA by artisans in Golden, Colorado
- A Colonial Williamsburg exclusive!
The iconic Compton Oak Tree is a natural hybrid between the live oak (Quercus virginiana) and overcup oak (Quercus lyrata). The specimen at Colonial Williamsburg is a state-champion big tree, measuring over 70 feet tall and 97 feet wide, with a trunk circumference of 14 feet, thought to be the largest of its kind in the country. According to local legend, C. Justus Brouwers, the first landscape superintendent for The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, transplanted the young tree to Williamsburg around Colonial Williamsburg's Restoration, probably sometime between 1932 and 1936.
Read more about the Compton Oak Tree in the article, A Tall Treasure from Trend and Tradition magazine.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is going to be an anniversary gift as we were married under this tree
I purchased 5 of these ornaments based on availability, 4 large silver and 1 small gold., to gift in memory of my parents who were huge fans of Colonial Williamsburg. They are lovely, well made, arrived quickly and well packaged. Very pleased.