This Capitol with Carriage gold-plated brass etched into the shape of the Colonial Capitol hangs from red satin ribbon for a lovely Christmas decoration. 2 3/4"L x 3"W.
2 3/4"L x 3"W
Dust with dry cloth.
When the capital moved to Richmond in 1780, the vacant brick mansion was put to use by American forces as a hospital following the siege of Yorktown. Just before Christmas in 1781, a fire broke out, burning the magnificent building to the ground. The reconstructed building, authentically refurbished and interpreted, has welcomed visitors since 1934.