Down on the Farm follows the adventures of Prince, a dog who explores the countryside and along the way meets various friends who, like Prince himself, are based on works of art at the museum. Rooster weather vanes roost on walls, toy sheep graze, and duck decoys swim in the pages of this book. Kids will enjoy not only the story and the pictures but also 34 colorful stickers, all based on art at the museum.
- By Jan Gilliam and Christina Westenberger
- Illustrations by Kathleen Tobin
- Illustrated children's sticker book
- Companion to the popular exhibition at the Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Folk Art Museum
- 40 pages plus four pages of stickers
Prince is a wooden terrier in the Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Folk Art Museum. The original was carved by Irwin Weil of Coopersburg, Pennsylvania, in the 1930s in memory of a family pet. Weil's sons recall when their father placed the wooden Prince on the porch, traveling salesmen gave the Weil household a wide berth.