The Blue Bell Tavern Garden framed giclée art print by local Williamsburg artist Marcia Long features a view of the beautiful garden as seen from Waller Street. This watercolor print presents a pastoral view of the garden and its gazebo, framed by a tree in full bloom.
- Measures 11 1/4"W x 9 1/4"H
- Detailed gold frame included
- Giclée print fine art prints on archival paper
- Archival matte board and glass cover
- Signed by local Williamsburg artist Marcia Long
- Made in USA
About the Artist
Marcia Long is a local Williamsburg artist. She holds an art degree from the Ohio State University and received botanical art training at the New York Botanical Garden, the Brookside Botanical Garden in Maryland, the Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Garden in Pittsburgh, the Ringling School of Art and Design in Sarasota, Florida and has attended master classes in St. Michael Maryland, Filoli Gardens in Woodside, California and Falls Church, Virginia.
The Blue Bell Tavern building was built 1707 by John Redwood and was first called "Redwood's Ordinary". John Redwood was a goaler to the colony and caretaker of the Capitol for several years including 1703 to 1705. In 1708 he sold the lots on Capitol Square with the tavern and outhouses to Philip Ludwell of Green Spring. After it was purchased by Philip Ludwell, the building was called the "Blue Bell" or occasionally "Blew Bell". This large wooden house behind the Capitol was worth £150 in 1719. The location of the original building was determined by "The Frenchman's Map", a sketch of Williamsburg that was used extensively during the restoration of Colonial Williamsburg during the early 20th century.