This beautiful Garnet Silver Cross Pendant has delicate bead work and fleur-de-lis accents that create a historically-inspired sterling silver setting for the deep red garnet cabochon at the center of the cross.
- .925 sterling silver setting
- Round garnet cabochon at the center
- Pendant measures 1.5"L x 1"W
- Includes 18" silver chain with circle spring ring clasp
- Fleur-de-lis and beaded accents
- Hand-crafted by artisans in Thailand
Colonial Williamsburg's DeWitt Wallace Collections and Conservation Building contains a small sampling of eighteenth- and nineteenth-century jewelry. The pieces are valued more for their beauty, or their historical associations, than their monetary worth. Precious and semiprecious stones - diamonds, rubies, emeralds, topaz, and garnets - were as highly prized in the colonial period as they are today, as were gold and silver.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
It was purchased as a present, which has not yet been given to the recipient. It is lovely and exactly as pictured.