Traditional design meets modern living with this colorful WILLIAMSBURG Little Hawk Owl Needlepoint Pillow. An 18th-century illustration by Mark Catesby from our collections is carefully recreated on the face of the pillow with 100% wool threads. The throw pillow is finished with a cotton velvet backing. Add elegance to your home instantly with this gorgeous WILLIAMSBURG accent pillow.
- Accent pillow inspired by the collections of The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
- Features a Little Hawk Owl illustration by 18th century naturalist Mark Catesby
- Colors of coral, brown, tan, and cream
- Face is hand-stitched with 100% wool threads
- Cotton velvet zippered back
- Removable poly insert
- Measures 18" square
- WILLIAMSBURG by Michaelian Home
Dry Clean Only.
The detailed depiction of this Little Hawk Owl is taken from "The Natural History of Carolina, Florida, and the Bahama Islands" (1731-1747) by famed naturalist Mark Catesby. He was one of several 18th-century explorers who ventured to remote areas of the world to document regional flora and fauna. Catesby spent five years collecting specimens, taking notes, and making drawings, including owls. The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation collections contain a copy of the 1771 edition of Catesby's two-volume work.