Made in small batches in Pennsylvania with fresh ginger root and apple cider vinegar, Ginger Shrub Cocktail Mixer from Tait Farm Foods is a superb ginger syrup. When mixed with sparkling water, Ginger Shrub makes a snappy ginger "beer", it can also be added to iced tea, or try other recipes from Tait Farms listed below. Pair with other Tait Farms Shrub Syrups and our drinkware for a great gift.
- Ginger Shrub Syrup
- 13 Oz Glass Bottle
- Made in small batches in central Pennsylvania
- Ingredients: Ginger, apple cider vinegar, and organic cane sugar
This is a natural product made with apple cider vinegar. Due to the natural fermentation, you may see a "mother" at the bottom of the bottle. This is normal and not a product defect. Simply shake the bottle to reconstitute the syrup.
Shrubs were made in the 18th century from fresh fruit and sugar, left to ferment into vinegar. After fermentation, more sugar was added to the mixture, providing a tart, sweet, and refreshing syrup that could be enjoyed in cocktails, desserts, and sauces.
Recipes from Tait Farms
This festive cocktail is the perfect party drink. The added splash of shrub offers a unique tart and fruity twist. Cheers!
- 2 oz. vodka
- ¾+ oz. Tait Farm Shrub (your choice of flavor)
- ½ oz. fresh lime juice
- 3 oz. ginger beer
- Fresh lime wedge
Build the cocktail in a copper mug or rocks glass. Start with ice, add vodka, Shrub, lime juice and top with ginger beer. Garnish with a fresh lime wedge.
Shrub Mint Julep (Non-Alcoholic)
Mint juleps have been a Kentucky favorite well before the modern-day Kentucky Derby came into place. This alcohol-free version is excellent with the shrub flavor of your choice, but is especially delicious with our ginger shrub syrup.
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 2 oz. Tait Farm Shrub (Ginger Shrub will best match the classic but seasonal flavors are absolutely delicious!)
- 4 oz. sparkling water
- Crushed ice & mint leaf garnish
- Clap mint together in your hands, then add it to your glass.
- Fill glass or Julep cup with crushed ice. Crushed ice is essential in this classic.
- Pre-mix 4 oz. of sparkling water and 2 oz shrub, then pour over the crushed ice.
- Serve immediately with a mint sprig for garnish.
- For a seasonal fruit spin, add sliced fresh fruit to match your Shrub selection.
Leunig's Bistro & Cafe in downtown Burlington, Vermont delights their guests with original shrub cocktails and mocktails to complement a special evening with friends in their historic setting. Perfect Stranger is one you will want to try or mix up at home.
- .75 oz. Pear Vodka
- .75 oz. Lemon Vodka
- 1.25 oz. Tait Farm Ginger Shrub
- Soda Water (Sparkling or Seltzer)
- Fill a 12 oz. glass 2∕3 full with ice.
- Pour spirits and shrub over top of ice in glass and top with seltzer.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge and candied ginger.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is just what I needed for an afternoon "cocktail" without the alcohol! I love the ginger and apple taste with sparkling water. Simple and refreshing.