Sour Cherry Shrub Cocktail Mixer from Tait Farm Foods is a lip-smacking tart shrub mixer made in small batches in Pennsylvania with fresh sour cherries, vinegar, and cane sugar. This cherry shrub syrup makes a refreshing soda when mixed with sparkling water or add your favorite spirits for a colonial-inspired cocktail. See recipes below from Tait Farms for more refreshing ideas. Pair with other Tait Farms Shrub Syrups and our drinkware for a great gift.
- Sour Cherry Shrub Cocktail Mixer
- 13 Oz Glass Bottle
- Made in small batches in central Pennsylvania
- Ingredients: Fresh sour cherries, distilled white vinegar, and organic cane sugar
Shrubs were made in the 18th century from fresh fruit and sugar, left to ferment into vinegar. After fermentation, more sugar was added to the mixture, providing a tart, sweet, and refreshing syrup that could be enjoyed in cocktails, desserts, and sauces.
Recipes from Tait Farms
Sour Cherry Smash
Basil adds an unexpected herbal note to this yummy rum punch! A fun way to enjoy the abundance of fresh basil from your garden.
- 1½ oz. light Rum of your choice
- ½ oz. Cointreau
- ½ oz. Tait Farm Sour Cherry Shrub
- whole fresh basil leaves (Genovese or Sweet Thai)
- sparkling water or seltzer
Muddle one cherry and three pieces of basil. Combine rum, Cointreau, and shrub in a shaker, shake well, and then pour into your preferred glass. Top with sparkling water or seltzer. Contributed by Barrel 21 Distillery, State College, PA.
Shrub Sparkler (Non-Alcoholic)
A Shrub Sparkler is the most popular way to enjoy shrub. Simply choose any flavor of shrub and add seltzer - the colder the better - along with the fresh fruit and herb garnish of your choice.
- 1 oz. Tait Farm Shrub
- 6 oz. chilled sparkling water
- Ice and fresh fruit and/or herb garnish
- Sweet tooth? Add a splash of ginger ale or lemon-lime soda.
Fill a glass 2∕3 full with ice. Add shrub, top with chilled sparkling water, and if desired, ginger ale or lemon-lime soda. Stir gently. Garnish with fresh fruit and/or herb garnish.