Set your table with this set of 4 Pineapple Hardboard Placemats. Each placemat features a pineapple printed on a contrasting black background with a cork backing. This set makes an excellent gift for any hostess!
- Set of 4 placemats
- Measure 11.25” X 15.75”
- Cork backing
- WILLIAMSBURG exclusive
Care and Use
- Wipe the surface clean with a damp cloth.
- Do not immerse in water or place in dishwasher.
- Do not use with mugs or cups that are too hot to hold.
- Surfaces are heat resistance to 230 degrees F
- Extra care should be taken with French polished tables which are particularly sensitive to heat.
The pineapple was an exotic, expensive delicacy in 18th century Virginia. In colonial America, hosts would give the unique fruit as welcome gifts to esteemed guests, making it the ultimate symbol of warm and gracious hospitality. As such, the pineapple also became a popular decorative motif in colonial homes as art, table décor, embroidered on textiles, carved on furniture, cast in silver and incorporated into architectural elements.