Set your table with this set of 4 Cherries Hardboard Placemats. Each placemat features a delightful print of ripe cherries on a contrasting black background with a cork backing. This set makes an excellent gift for any hostess!
- Set of 4 placemats
- Measure 11.25” X 15.75”
- Cork backing
- WILLIAMSBURG exclusive
Care and Use
- Wipe the surface clean with a damp cloth.
- Do not immerse in water or place in dishwasher.
- Do not use with mugs or cups that are too hot to hold.
- Surfaces are heat resistance to 230 degrees F
- Extra care should be taken with French polished tables which are particularly sensitive to heat.
Many colonists in Virginia planted fruit trees to supply both food and drink for their family. Most berries, grapes and cherries not consumed, were dried in sunlight for preservation. Fruits were also used in many homes as edible table decoration when entertaining guests. Smaller fruits like cherries or berries could be poured into a tin mold shaped like a cone, where they were cemented with icing before being turned upside down onto a serving dish and topped with sprigs of greenery.