The Sacred Bird and Butterfly Soap Dish Gift Set by Mottahedeh features a porcelain soap dish and 3 bars of luxury Heirsavonare gift soap presented in a gorgeous gift box. The sensual and brilliant soap is a pure delight, combining the intensity of blooming rose, jasmine and tart cassis with the richness of fleshy Damascus plum and white peach. A base of golden sandalwood and liquid amber completes this unique blend. Packaged in a turquoise handmade box with gold and coral trim band ready for gifting. Available online and at the Regency Gift Shop at the Williamsburg Inn.
- Hand-painted fine porcelain soap dish by Mottahedeh
- 3 2.25 oz bars of Heirsavonare luxury soap
- Soap scent made exclusively for Mottahedeh
- Pattern reproduced from a design dated to 1800
- Licensed product from Historic Charleston
- Soaps are made in USA
- Includes gift box
- Essential oils in the soap include geranium, cinnamon and, elemi
- Soap dish is dishwasher safe
About the Pattern
The Sacred Bird and Butterfly was a Chinese export pattern of about 1800 and was intended for those who admired the sophistication of placing traditional Chinese motifs of birds, butterflies and flowers on European shapes. The Chinese word for butterfly, tieh, is a pun which expresses the wish that the owner might live to a ripe age. These motifs were rendered with characteristic understatement in the traditional Chinese orange and gold colors in an all-over pattern. The marriage of shape and design was a success and was reproduced in English china of about 1800-1810.