"Bruton Parish" by Caesar Monturano Unframed Print
This gicleé print by local artist Caesar Monturano shows Bruton Parish Church. The 4.5" x 6.5" print is made in Williamsburg at the artist's studio and arrives ready for framing in a 8" x 10" soft white acid-free matte and backing in a protective plastic wrap. Includes a story card with information about the church and artist. Makes a wonderful memento of your trip or a thoughtful gift for a friend. Made in the USA.
Formed from Middletown and Marston Parishes in 1674, Bruton Parish was about 10 miles square. It is named for Bruton, Somersetshire, in England, the home of then-Governor William Berkeley and Virginia secretary Thomas Ludwell.
Dating from 1715, the present structure is the third in a series of Anglican houses of worship that began in 1660. The first, which may or may not have been at or near the 18th-century site, was built, probably of wood, in the Old Fields at Middle Plantation, Williamsburg's name until the 66-year-old community was incorporated in 1699.